Pages

Friday 24 February 2012

Guest Poster: Heather from Finding Beauty In The Ordinary

 Hi! My name is Heather and I blog over at Finding Beauty in the Ordinary. I'm a 26 year old, happily married, adventure seeking blog lover :) My little blog is a place to share what's on my heart and what my husband and I are up to as we have recently relocated to a new city for his new job.  I love capturing a moment by camera and simply finding beauty in the ordinary moment of life.


The past couple of months, I've started blogging actively, using social media, and have been trying to keep up with it all. Most days, I feel like I'm drowning in information. Do you ever feel that way?

I get burnt out easily and often feel completely drained from technology! There are days where I feel like I go to bed with my laptop and wake up with it. Oh, and how can I forget my iPhone? That thing is my own personal little companion. I'm addicted.

Have you seen this video before?

 

Some of my favorites points for staying creative were these:
  • Carry a notebook everywhere
  • Get away from the computer
  • Take breaks
  • Go somewhere new
  • Get lots of rest
  • Stop trying to be someone else's perfect
Wowzers! Ummm... I need to watch this again. How often do I take a true break from technology? As in, literally LEAVE the computer, the phone, the emails... and get away? Whether that's going on a long drive somewhere beautiful, or sitting on the beach near the ocean, hiking to the highest peak of a mountain, or going on an evening walk? Or simply doing the mundane things of life like doing the dishes and folding laundry without being interrupted constantly by the ding of the iPhone notifying me of emails?  When was the last time I gave my husband my 100% attention? Not just the "Oh yeah, really, babe? What happened at work today?" question while I'm skimming through my BlogLovin' feed and diverting my attention elsewhere. I'm guilty.

There is so much beauty around us. Let's get out there and enjoy it. There's a time and a place for everything, including our blog, email and technology time. Don't get me wrong, I love it all :) But when it all comes down to it, people are the most important things in life... let's invest in them,  and really be with them when we're with them. And take breaks from technology consistently and really live.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for having me, sweet thing! have a great weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's alright. I really love the post, m'dear.

      Keep on keeping on,
      Sarah
      xox

      Delete

be nice, and check back. i do reply to super awesome, friendly comments!
xx be my kindred spirit xx