Pages

Friday 10 August 2012

When It Was Alright

(written 01/12/2011)

I'm sick of crying,
Sick of being tired.
I smile right to your face.
I'm sorry I lied.
I'm trying to make my life better.
I may seem fine,
But inside I'm dying.
I tried to tell you.
But I pushed you away.
I tried to let you know.

But I was too tired.
I looked the other way.
But not before you saw those tears.
Those tears streaming down my face.
I'm sorry I didn't talk to you.
Sorry I walked away.
I'll try to be better for you.
Not stare at you.
It's just sometimes I can't look away.
You have me enthralled,
With everything you say.
The flowers in my hair,
Well, you put them there.
They're dying now,
They're wilting away.
Just like the promise I made to stay.
"I'll come back," I promise,
"I'll come back one day."

And on that day,
I'll run back into your arms.
You'll hold me tight
Tell me everything's gonna be alright.
But I still sometimes cry at night.
Wishing it would be as you said,
When it was alright.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. beautifully said and deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower. Wow, what a poem. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

be nice, and check back. i do reply to super awesome, friendly comments!
xx be my kindred spirit xx