Pages

Friday 10 August 2012

Desert of Dry Bones

(written 08/12/2011)

Everything inside me cries out.
I raise my voice against this injustice
While I sit in this desert I cry to you.
I sit in a desert of dry bones.

The tears awake me,
Running down my face.
I gasp for lack of water.
My throat parched,
My strength fading.
Breathe into me I pray.
With the Breath of Life behind those lips.

I'm sorry for my imperfection.
Sorry if it makes you feel sick.
The wonder is that you still love me.
Even when I hate you.
"I miss you", you say,
Though I have done nothing to gain your affection.
"I love you", you say,
Though I do not love myself.

I smile at you,
To disguise these tears.
But you see right through me.
Into the deepest depths.
The tears are filling my mind.
The heartache I'm holding inside is taking over.
I'm looking for a way out.
To stop these cracks from showing.
Help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice, and check back. i do reply to super awesome, friendly comments!
xx be my kindred spirit xx