Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

"Do you?" Just a little poem I wrote

And all at once, I remember those childhood days,
Us running together hand in hand.
Where did you wander off to?
Do you even remember?
Remember like I do?
As children, we were young and carefree,
But now you're callous and indifferent
Do you remember those summer days?
Of our carefree independence?
Life was an adventure,
But did you take a wrong turn?
Do you still believe?
Believe in fairy-tales and myths,
In love and mystery.
Our independence was something to rejoice over
Not to mope around like you're doing now
I thought you believed like I did
But I guess I was wrong
You left that path long ago
Your courage seemed to fade away
You tuned out to every word I said
But I still love you, my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice, and check back. i do reply to super awesome, friendly comments!
xx be my kindred spirit xx