Pages

Monday 9 July 2012

The Here & Now Is What I Aim For


(this is a scheduled post lovelies! I'll be back soon!)
The other day I was looking at my reflection in the car window, and realized how old I looked...


I'm only 16, but I'm doing so much. I already know what I want to do when I leave school (early childhood teacher), and what direction I'm headed (off to Africa), and what uni I want to go to (Notre Dame). It's just the here and now I have trouble with. Like, big time! My past is not a subject I like to bring up, but I felt it was time.

I have grown up in a Christian home, always gone to church, read my Bible, etc. but  it all started when my brother dying when I was 18 months, and I decided, at the age of 12, that I didn't want anything to do with God. The situation at the local Anglican Church had taken it's toll and my parents were really getting hurt. At 13 I, personally, decided to go to the Baptist Church in town, and to their youth group, etc. I never spoke to anyone for yonks... which is weird cause I'm all crazy now... :p

A guest speaker came to my youth group one night, and I got "saved", and then a couple of months down the track I got "saved" again. It wasn't til I was 14, and there was an altar call at Ignition, that I realized how desperately I needed God in my life. I got up and really got saved this time, and in September I got baptized. (On the anniversary of my brother's death.)

Since then it's been up and down. I've cut myself, I've stopped eating, stopped talking to God, etc. I still have problems with self-harm, and my weight, but I've learnt that my God is enough, and I can "do all things through Christ who strengthens me." :) And like that song by Brooke Fraser that says-

"When I can't feel you,
I have learnt to reach out just the same
When I can't hear you,
I know you still hear every word I pray."

Those words are my lifeline, and I thank God every day for having so many wonderful Christians around me to lift me up. <3

That's my story, what's yours? I'd love to hear from you, so contact me here, and I'll get back to you asap. :)

Thanks for reading, loves! <3 

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and your salvation! This is a very encouraging post, Sarah! Just remember that no matter what is going on in your life, the Creator (isn't that awesome, the God who created the whole word?!?!!) He cares about the smallest doubts, fears, and cares in your life! And He will never stop being there! I will pray for you and your walk with Christ! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelsie! :) And is it crazy that the guy upstairs who created the whole world has time for me.. :) <3 Praying for you, as well! x

      Delete
  2. I dont really have a story like this. I dont have a religion, i dont go to church and i dont nesercarily believe in anything or anyone. Not that i don't believe in it either, i just dont really think about it much to be honest. That said, I respect all other religions and i'm glad you've found one that works for you!
    As for the self harm, i hope you are seeing someone who can help you with these issues and that you get better soon!
    :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karrine! :)
      And with self-harm, I am seeing someone, but I find that it sneaks back... which sucks. But, oh well. <3 x

      Delete
  3. We just found your lovely blog and following you now!! xoxo

    ps. Want to join a growing bloggerscommunity? To unite bloggers!!
    Join us at:
    http://themblogideas.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/themblogideas

    ReplyDelete

be nice, and check back. i do reply to super awesome, friendly comments!
xx be my kindred spirit xx