Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

She's Called Victoria



As I write this, I’m looking down the hallway of a mud brick house, (mud brick, guys! It’s mud brick!) listening to the mutterings of four beautiful children. I can hear butter being used, and the TV is on. But I don’t mind, all this noise helps me think.
Let me give you a back story...

In July, I got offered a job to help look after four children on a farm in country Victoria. After much deliberation, I decided to give it a trial run in Jan. But things got complicated with moving and all that, so we decided to put it off until Feb. So after a 3hrish long trip from Pert to Melbourne, I arrived, exhausted, and so not ready for all the challenges that lay ahead. (Guys, Victoria is 3hrs ahead of Western Australia. I left at 12, and didn’t get here til 6:30... Crazy!) That night I stayed at my uncle’s place, and got “prepared” for what lay ahead... (by prepared, I mean, woken up at 7am by raging cousins, and a crazy aunty.) I arrived at the farm on Monday and have been here ever since.


Now...
I look after 3-4 children every day. Guys, I’m a live-in nanny! I also do odd jobs around the house, and pick up after the kids. And I also have to continue my schooling, so I’m doing distance education for Yr. 12, which is possibly the most important year of school ever... but I always like to take the hard way... :p The farm is 15-16kms away from the nearest town, which has a population of 600. It’s nothing to phone home about. Just a small farming community, they farm mainly sheep, with a few crops, and beef cows. But it’s quaint, and pretty. And I like it, and I’m awful glad I moved! I’m only staying for 10-12 weeks at a time, mainly because I have to return to Perth every 3 months so I can keep studying.


What’s in store for the blog...?
As I promised there will be a new name, but it won’t be announced until I’ve finished redesigning the blog...  ie. new header, blog buttons, etc. I won’t be posting as often as I would like, and there won’t be as many fashion posts, partly because I can’t be bothered, and I just won’t have the time. Also to get access to the Internet I need to be in the other end of the house, and that’s just a pain. So it’ll be more of a lifestyle blog...


Sarah
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice, and check back. i do reply to super awesome, friendly comments!
xx be my kindred spirit xx