Pages

Thursday 8 November 2018

wow what a time to be alive


well hey there, how have y'all been? i've been busy and making scary new life decisions. a friend of mine told me i should write a blog of all my adventures over the past few months so here goes. there have been some good times, some bad times, and some pretty average times.

i moved across the other side of australia. on a whim. i felt a call to be in a city that i used to hate and now i'm here and so far everything has been great. maybe i'll start off with telling you how i came to this decision. i don't know why i'm here yet but everything is slotting into place. hallelujah, He is good.


at the start of august i decided that i needed to leave mandurah. don't get me wrong, i loved the people and community i was apart of, but i needed to grow and i couldn't do that while still living there. (some other pretty crappy stuff happened which i may tell you about another day) so i started packing and sorting out my stuff. the original plan was that i would leave late december/early january but my dad had to be in melbourne early october so we decided the best plan was for me to drive over with him as co-pilot. saved them (and me) a plane ticket and a lot of money. by the time i had officially picked a departure date i had 6 weeks to organise my life and make sure that my car could get across the country.

i start by writing a list of things to do and then i write a list of people to see/tell. i think at this point, other than immediate family, maybe 3 people know the basics of my plan. i then start seeing people and telling them i'm leaving. it was a very emotional time but all my people were so supportive of my decision which i was very thankful for. 

at that point, i still hadn't decided where i was going to move to. i was going to move to either sydney or brisbane. neither of which made any sense as i knew 2 people in each city but that was it. for quite awhile i deliberated between the two and only really decided just before i left that i was going to move to brisbane. which was slightly ironic cause when i was much younger we visited brisbane and i vehemently declared that i "hate this city and i will never live here." welp, i've been here for a week now and it's been rather grand so far.  

i then quit my job, and left at the end of september with the intention of travelling for a month or so and then arriving in brisbane with the prospects of a new job. i vaguely knew where i wanted to live but that was about it. so i packed (majority) of my earthly belongings into my car and started across on this crazy adventure.


so that's it. my thought process and some of the reasons that i moved. i shall endeavour to slowly tell more of my month on the road and show you photos. and maybe explain a bit more on the why i moved so far away from my family.

pack a bag and go on an adventure

listening to this and this xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice, and check back. i do reply to super awesome, friendly comments!
xx be my kindred spirit xx