Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2017

a few thoughts about nothing || hello 2017


my name is sarah. i will be 21 in approx 3 months. i like roadtrips.
welcome.

welcome to 2017.
to a new year.
new me.
i guess.
i can't tell yet.
 i don't think anything will change.
 but who knows.

point king lighthouse

i recently got back from the first roadtrip of the year. a group of us went down to albany for the week. lots of swimming, walking, and burning were involved. on the first night we were there, i managed to slice a chunk off of my thumb using a pocket knife to cut up chicken in a park. (yes, that whole story makes it sound like we were destined to fail.) my thumb bled profusely and aggressively. and there is now a picture of me on the grass in shock and stating very matter-of-factly that i just want a bandaid and i couldn't care less about disinfecting the wound. i'm glad that they did end up not listening to me and actually disinfecting it. i'm fairly sure that uncooked chicken is not good for an open wound.

gull rock beach

and as for 2017, i don't have a word yet. but if i think about it, i think it would be spontaneity (or alternatively, the act of being spontaneous.) for most of my life, i have made plans and rules, but i think i'll make this the year of breaking rules (within reason, obvs... i'm not a criminal) and doing things for myself. getting a better job, and just treating myself the way i deserve to be treated.

xx
don't forget to care for yourself, lovely


No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice, and check back. i do reply to super awesome, friendly comments!
xx be my kindred spirit xx